“We will help you to learn, how to play with other children and work with other adults at Treetops. We will get to know you as an individual and respond to your ideas, feelings and behaviour. We will work hard to be attentive, responsive, stimulating and affectionate to you. We will help you settle in to Treetops.”
Treetops was founded in 2009 after research showed that showed that working parents in the area relied almost exclusively on extended family and friends for childcare. We wanted to meet that strong need for additional pre-school places and out of hours provision by offering a pre-school provision as well as breakfast, after school and holiday clubs, all at affordable prices.
When we started we set out our aims. These have been reviewed every year to make sure they are still relevant and amended when necessary.
1) Our aim is to provide children with a wide variety of learning experiences through a broad and balanced Foundation Curriculum. We aim to build on children’s confidence and self-esteem within a secure, friendly and stimulating environment.
2) Our aim is to offer a Breakfast, After School and Holiday Club to children aged between 4 & 12 years that is a child-led provision, giving them ownership of their club.
3) Our aim is to offer quality childcare to the local community in our purpose-built environment, which meets the needs of all families by:
- Working within a framework that ensures quality of opportunity for all children and families
- Enhancing the development of children under statutory school age in a parent-involving community based group
- Providing an environment that enables children to relax and socialise with their peers
- Providing a child-led provision, offering choices and thus promoting independence.
4) Our aim is to provide quality childcare for the local community, working at a high standard to enable children to reach their full potential. We do this by reviewing our performance through self-evaluation to meet the Ofsted National Standard and work beyond it. Attending necessary training and regular network meetings is a requirement for all staff. We continually reassess the need for services to ensure that we are providing what is required and not missing any needs.
Tree Tops is a charity run by a voluntary committee and helpers. Our staff are all highly qualified, and all extremely passionate about providing the best care for the children. They are:
Jill Palmer: Manager, Designated Safeguarding Officer, Deputy SEND-CO and Childcare Practitioner.
Dawn Faccas: Deputy Manager, Deputy Safeguarding Officer, Behaviour Support Manager and Childcare Practitioner.
Venita Bryant: SEND-CO, First Aider At Work, Fire Officer and Childcare Practitioner.
Dominique Lewis: Childcare Practitioner and Deputy Behaviour Support Manager.
Toni Plane: Childcare Practitioner and Deputy Health and Safety Officer.
Caroline Brown: Childcare Practitioner, Deputy Fire Officer and Kitchen/Food Hygiene Officer.
Donna Healy: Childcare Practitioner and Health & Safety Officer.
Hannah Thorpe: Childcare Practitioner and Deputy Kitchen/Food Hygiene Officer.
At Tree Tops we have a series of policies that allow us to operate safely, efficiently and compliantly with all legislation. a paper copy of each is kept at Tree Tops and can be made available for you to view by asking a member of staff.